Do you know how old your service panel is? Have your homes electrical appliances been working properly? Typically, most models last between 25-30 years. As technology advances and the need for power changes to meet recent demands, it’s important that your electrical panel keeps up. When it’s not properly installed or it’s out of date, you increase the risk of an electrical emergency.
For the month of August, JDV Electric is offering $199 off a 200 AMP service upgrade. So, if you notice any of the following problems in your home, call JDV Electric today and schedule your service.
Signs You Need a Panel Upgrade
- Flickering lights. If your lights flicker when other appliances are active, there could be a connection problem. If an appliance is running and it seems to have a diminished output, it may be a result of overloaded circuits. It could also mean that the panel is outdated and needs to be upgraded to handle the larger current load.
- Constant circuit breaker tripping. If your panel trips often, it should be replaced. The system trips when too many appliances are plugged in – pushing the panel further than it can go. When the system “trips” it means that power is cut off as a safety measure to prevent wires from overheating.
- Bulbs burn out quickly. When bulbs burn out faster than they should, it’s a telltale sign of a poor connection with your panel. A JDV professional will be able to find the source of the problem and advise you on how to get the most out of your bulbs.
- You’re doing home upgrades or remodeling. If you’re fixing up other areas of your home, why wouldn’t you want to update one of the most important systems in your home? We use electricity multiple times a day, so it’s best to keep it up to date and make sure it’s working properly.
- Age. If your home is approximately 20-30 years old, upgrading the service panel is necessary. Older homes possess panels that range roughly from about 60 to 100 amps. Homes built within the last twenty years or so will possess an average of about 200 amps. Because of these higher power demands, older panels in these homes will need upgrading to cope with modern power demands.
Why You Need a 200 AMP Service Panel Upgrade
If you’re experiencing problems with your panel, you shouldn’t wait to schedule repairs or an upgrade. It’s important to keep your electricity running smoothly and safely at all times. JDV Electric’s experienced professionals will fully inspect your existing panel to determine whether you need repairs or replacement.
If your panel is 100 AMP, it’s likely outdated. Capacity is one of the biggest differences between the two, and an upgrade give your home a greater electrical flow. More circuits will be able to power more appliances while reducing the risk of an overload.
For electrical efficiency, as well as peace of mind knowing that your home has added electrical protection, call JDV Electric today to schedule your 200 AMP service upgrade for $199 off through the month of August!